There are many ways for schools to get involved. Here are ways to help kids and teens as they battle cancer!
- Host a Mad Hatter Drive during September, October or November.
- Host a Fundraising event during the rest of the year at your school.
- Host a Hat Drive event during the rest of the year.
- Start a HOC Heroes Club at school.
- Challenge a rival school to a fundraiser during a sports competition.
- Incorporate a drive during Spirit Week or Homecoming and use one day for all the students to donate $1 (or more) to wear their favorite hat.
- Hold hat days each Friday for a month or two months, asking people to donate $1 to wear a hat.
- Host a Dance-A-Thon or any type of A-Thon and have people pledge for the time you spend at the event.
- Have a virtual fundraiser and email family and friends to donate. Set up your own online fundraising page at: http://fundly.com/hatsoffforcancer.
- Coin Competition – get large jars and each grade put coins in their jar for HOC, the winning grade gets to wear a hat for a day.
- Hold a Car Wash.
- Hold a Bake Sale near your school cafeteria.
- Organize a concert at your school or get the Student Government involved and host a Coffee House open-mic night.
- Host a Battle of the Bands and collect donations as entry fees to the show.
- Go to your local grocery store or local shop and see if they’d be willing to help host a fundraiser by asking their patrons to donate $1-$5 and write their name on a paper hat (download here) to put up around the store.
- Purchase the designer Hats Off For Cancer t-shirt.
Ready to start planning your event? Register your event!
This list is always growing! We are always open to new ideas. Email us with any comments, suggestions or questions.